and then framed it out --
Ok, that foundation isn't the prettiest thing ever, but it is strong and does the trick. Besides, it'll be covered with stucco soon enough!
Then we slid the pantry cabinet box in place and leveled and secured it. The cats of course, were interested:
They will always take advantage of a new place to view the world.
This morning, I test fit the microwave and got the hinges put on so I could be sure things will all fit correctly. When we did the narrow cabinet next to the refrigerator, we changed the drawers several times because we didn't pay attention to the hinges. So we're trying to learn from our errors.
I did the "crawl under the house" duties this morning before I went to work --
I figured it was my turn. Dale's done it often enough.
We also picked up some more drywall, now that this is in, we can finish dry-walling the beam and supports (we wanted to be sure everything fit first). Also, I am going to take out the pocket door so we can frame that part of the wall in on the table side. I've got plans to rework the entry since we'll have enough space to put a bench as well as the bookshelf we've got in that area. Always something to do!