Last I mentioned, Dale had ripped out the closet, and it looked like this------------>
He had to cut more out -- then we assembled (and assembled! and assembled!) the IKEA wardrobe.
and then we slid it into place --
and I framed out around it. So far, so good.
We tested out our color. "Hail a Cab" by Valspar. When I looked at the swatch, it had a nice buttery feel to it. When I painted the test swatch onto the wall, I really, really liked it.
I was going to swipe the swatch from the website to put here - and this was my first moment of alarm. The color looked like this:
Yikes!! that looks electric. If you know me, you know I pretty much hate yellow - except nice, buttery yellows. This is like fire alarm yellow.
But the swatch looked nice, right?
So I primed the walls.....
and tonight we painted. Holey smokes. WAYYYYYYYY too yellow for me!
What happened to that nice, buttery yellow swatch? Oh yea, that was over the yucky tan paint in the room....when I primed the walls white, I guess I let the "true colors" come shining through.
So I am making a trip to the store for a totally different yellow. I can't take this color!
In the meantime, I'm busy finishing out the year with my classes, so I won't get it painted until the weekend - I also have crown molding and baseboard to install and paint, but that's a quick job. We should be able to hang the doors and window shades by the end of the weekend. In the meantime, I've also painted the old iron bed, cut out fabric for a fun quilt, and I've got a table to paint for this room. We want to make it welcoming for our summer visitors - not scare them awake with a blast of yellow!