I pretty much painted all week -- two coats of green, two coats of black, and I'm thinking of giving everything a third coat for added protection from the weather!
Of course, little touches like this help make this seem more goth! We went to a cool lumber store, and they had a ton of these pressed wood appliques for a reasonable price - I think this one was something like 4.50. He's gonna look aweseome with some gold accents (when I can find my gold paint in the chaos that is my studio!)
I also got that back window tidied up. I added a roof, some trim, and changed out the hinges to a hidden version. I like it so much better!
The beveled glass looks great, although I know I'm going to have to add curtains here!
We are getting a new roof on the house, so we had to pack up the tools and the trailer for a few days, but I've got some decorative accents to work on. The first one was a design for over this window: I found a clip art of a vintage-inspired sun & moon, cut them out of wood with my new jigsaw (oh my goodness can I say how much I love it!)
Then I painted it all, gave it 4-5 coats of marine varnish and then glued/nailed it to the bay window roof. I love it!
I still have more accent designs for around the edge, but this was a fun piece to work on.
We also got half the roof plywood curved and installed, added insulation to the walls, and installed the back window by the door, but I forgot to take pics. I'll add those next time! Pretty soon, we'll have the shell complete (with painting added), we can think about the insides!