On Sunday Dale and I finished all the tiling. We used leftover pieces to fill in where the dishwasher, stove and refrigerator will be going. We did have to run out and buy 5 more diamond border pieces, I had that miscalculated, but at the same time, we picked up our sink, so it worked out.
I am really happy with the finished look! And our official inspectors approved as well:
Each of the corners has a different solution to the greek key turning the corner.
Hopefully they blend in enough -- although we can see them immediately!
Today I finished the grouting. Because we used marble tile, we had to use unsanded grout. I hate unsanded grout. I hate the texture, the way it shrinks, the feel of it. But that's what we had to use, so that's what I did. I have a few low spots that need another layer of grout, but I'd like to wait a week or two so all the shrinking is complete.
The grout makes it look so much richer - I used black grout, which is a complete pain because it's so dark and it stains my hands and the buckets and it takes forever to rinse off completely. But it looks awesome!
So, now we can actually move some stuff back in! (after the grout sets for 24 hours). We want to get the appliances moved in, although that means we have a little bit of drywall to repair first --
We have guests coming on Friday, so it would be nice if we could at least get the refrigerator and stove out of the living room by then!