We got all excited when they started taking shape!
Pretty soon, we were overrun!
By the end of the evening, we had the frames all finished, and I've gotten one of them almost done with the wood filler/sanding step. We ran out of wood filler and I needed more sandpaper.
This was before we got the slats glued/nailed down:
And here's what they look like on the patio!
I am so ready to get them sanded/painted. I've decided they are going to be a dark red after all - Dale and I were sitting out there brainstorming our ideas for the cushions - and I have about a zillion toss pillows, and I think I might stencil something across the front bottom bands. Dale was afraid that a "barn red" might make them look too "farmer-ish" but with the eclectic assortment of pillows I have, I think it's going to look more gypsy.
And now, we want to make a coffee table for the group - so that will be our next project for the patio.
In about an hour, I leave to pick my daughter up from the airport - looking forward to the fun!