And then I had to watch as Dale cut a hole through my newly refinished top, for the sink and drain:
In the meantime, I used a book of sheet music to line the interior of all the drawers - the wood was old and from my previous experience with old drawers, sometimes there are smells and stains that eke out over time. Also, several layers of paper glued in gave stability to the drawers (I had added new nails and tightened them up already)
I'd gotten a couple of old sheet music books at a garage sale for a buck or so, so I've got plenty of paper. This will make the drawers feel clean for me.
After I tiled the floor in the bathroom (pictures to come later this week!), Dale got to installing the sink, along with his two helpers:
The big drawers are going to be great for holding toilet paper, towels and the tons of "stuff" that end up in the bathroom. And we each have a top drawer for our own personal things.
You can see a peek of the floor there, covered up with an old bath mat, and some of the baseboard trim that needs to be installed. We had the glass guys out this week to measure for our shower glass, and when that's installed next week, I'll have pictures of the (finally) finished bathroom!