Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kitchen fixture

While Dale is swearing in the bathroom while installing the pocket door, I decided to hang another free Craigslist score. I'd gotten a tarnished brass fixture with 70s glass hurricanes, I removed the glass and spray painted the brass a nice satiny black (to match the table).  I picked up some 2.99 clip on shades at Tuesday morning.  I'm thinking I need to do something with the candlestick covers, I got some trim for the shades, and maybe I'll add a ruched cover for the chain -- but I want to live with this a bit first.




just for a nice comparison - here's the original fixture when we bought the place.  When you turned the fan on, it rocked like crazy!  I replaced this before we moved in, with an IKEA fixture I had, but I knew it was just temporary. 


Dale and I went out to dinner last night, and were chatting about our plans after getting the bathroom done (which is progressing s-l-o-w-l-y), originally we talked about adding onto the bedroom for a second bath as our next project, but we are really sick of the kitchen, so we might get started on that next. 

1 comment:

Loggie said...

I think I just found your blog's mascots:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwkraxrzJA1r53opgo1_500.gif

Blogging tips