Wednesday, January 04, 2012

I'm beat!





So I choose one of the hottest days of the winter to go out and dig up all the roots around the eucalyptus tree!  












It looks so much better - needs grass growing but just getting the gunk out and digging up roots makes it look a zillion times better.

We've also cut the ivy off the tree up higher.  Still have a ways to go -but now it is dying off and hopefully by spring I can get the majority of it down.  It's to the point now where I need to use a ladder to reach it.






Just a reminder of how it looked before (and this was after I cut a clear ring around the trunk):




I'm sure all the neighbors are not appreciating this yet, since the dead ivy leaves are starting to fall and blow around. I try to keep them raked up but it's going to be a losing battle. 

No comments:

Blogging tips